About Team Maryland
2012-2013 Planned Teams
Mission Statement of Team Maryland
The mission of Team Maryland is to provide young hockey players, boys and girls, the opportunity to develop the talents to help the dedicated athlete move to the higher levels of hockey competition, whether that interest is Junior hockey, Prep school hockey, Olympic development or collegiate hockey.
Team Maryland was founded on the following:
- An organization that recognizes that certain players have the skills and aspirations to play at the highest level available and are prepared to take the next step in the attainment of their competitive careers.
- Our success will be measured by our progress in the league in which we play, our representation of the region's youth hockey players and our promoting of our players to the next highest level of play.
- An organization that will strive to provide the best possible coaching and training to assist the player in his development.
- An organization that provides all of its members an opportunity to have fun and enjoy the game of hockey.
- Everything Team Maryland does will always be at the highest level of integrity and sportsmanship understanding that we intend to set the standard for the rest of youth hockey
Team Maryland will work with all of the Team Maryland Tier II Compact Members in improving the quality of hockey in the region. Each player's jersey will have his/hers "home club" logo on it. The Team Maryland Compact clubs will form an advisory Board of Advisors to assist Team Maryland and the Tier II organizations on how to best to work together for the best interests of all concerned.
A new entity Team Maryland (“TM”) will be incorporated as a 501.c.3. TM will have its own Articles of Incorporation, Executive Board, and Operating bank account which will separate and distinct. TM will petition the AYHL for a franchise.
A Executive Board will be established to govern TM. This executive committee shall have the power to vote on the following matters:
- Annual Operating Budget and Registration Fees.
- Directors of Coaching and its Executive Director.
- Head Coaching Staff.
- Overall Game and Practice Schedule for TM.
- Policies and Procedures for TM in such matters, but not limited to, as follows:
o Try out policies
o By Laws
o Refund policies
- The Executive Board shall meet once per quarter with the TM Director of Hockey and the TM Executive Director to review the above and any other appropriate issue requiring the board’s approval.
An Advisory Board will be formed composed on one representative from CBHL member clubs who agree to join the Team Maryland Compact organization. Team Maryland will work with all of the Team Maryland Tier II Compact Members in improving the quality of hockey in the region and to assist Team Maryland and the Tier II organizations on how to best to work together for the best interests of all concerned
TM will enter into 15 year ice contracts with The Gardens Ice House in Laurel and the Rockville Ice Arena to purchase ice. The ice needs of TM will be purchased 50/50 from both rinks to support all TM’s activities such as try out ice, spring/summer ice and regular season ice.
TM will secure the services of two people to be TM’s Directors of Hockey Operations. These individuals will develop and present to the Executive Board for approval the following:
- Selection of the coaching staff for TM.
- Try out policies.
- Conducting try outs.
- Deciding on Tournament play for TM.
- Resolving issues through out the season such as player/parent issues, discipline issues, etc.
- Coach issues.
TM will secure the services of an Executive Director to run the day to day operations of TM in such matters as:
- Scheduling all ice to support the activities of TM subject to the 50/50 ice division.
- Registration of players and subsequent USA Hockey and league registration
- Collection of all fees for TM. All fees to be deposited in the separate and distinct operating account of TM.
- Providing monthly financial statements to the Executive Board.
- Scheduling all practices and games for TM. Executive Director willing to schedule Home AYHL WLC games if WLC wanted to coordinate away teams in Washington DC.
- Paying all bills for TM.
- An outside accounting firm will be retained by TM to audit the books of TM and produce all relevant tax forms and filings.